Flip Flop Week
June 11 – 15, 2012 is National Flip Flop Week!
What is Flip Flop Week?
A partnership between flipflop and Soles4Souls, Flip Flop Week is a week-long series of events encouraging public participation to highlight the plight of people in need of shoes.
To impact as many lives as possible with the gift of shoes.
What events are scheduled for Flip Flop Week?
First, over the course of the entire week, flipflop and Soles4Souls will be distributing more than 50,000 pairs of new shoes and flip flops in the United States while it also collects much needed donations through community shoe drives.
Second, we have a number of COMPLIMENTARY flipflop tasting events and happy hours so you can share in our celebration. If you have any unwanted new or gently worn shoes, bring them along for donation to help those in need!
- Monday, June 11th: Flip Flop Week kicks off in Miami, FL, at The Salvation Army on 38th Street. Kickoff Flip Flop Week with us at our Happy Hour at Duffy’s Sports Bar from 5-8pm!
- Tuesday, June 12th: Those in need in the Denver area will receive shoes at The Denver Rescue Mission, 3501 E. 46th Avenue. Join us at Argonaut Liquors in Denver from 5-7:30pm!
- Wednesday, June 13th: Folks in need in the Chicago area will receive shoes at Clara’s House on 1650 W. 63rd Street. Join us at the shoe distribution (open to the public) and at Ultra Foods from 2-5pm!
- Thursday, June 14th: Those in need in the Columbus area will receive shoes at The Open Shelter
- Friday, June 15th: Flip Flop Week culminates on “National Flip Flop Day” in New York City, where folks in need will receive shoes at The Bowery Mission on 227 Bowery Street. Celebrate Flip Flop Week at our Happy Hour at John Allan’s Salon TriBeCa from 5-8pm!
How can I get involved?
There are 5 easy ways to make a difference:
- Wear Flip Flops! Wear flip flops all week to show your support and spread awareness for the cause!
- Snap a Pic of Your Feet in Flip Flops & Spread the Word Online! Slip on your flip flops online for Soles4Souls! Change your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram profile picture to a photo of you and your favorite flip flops. You will be helping to bring about awareness that more than 300 million children and 1.5 billion adults worldwide do not have footwear. Be sure to post a caption about why your picture is of your flip flops! Something like: Kicking back with my favorite flip flops for Soles4Souls' Flip Flop Week. Or consider posting a status message about Flip Flop Week, such as: It’s National Flip Flop Week! It’s easy to make a difference – visit www.flipflopweek.com.
- Join the flipflop Slide+Snap+Share Photo Contest! Post a photo with your favorite flip flops. For every photo submitted, flipflop will donate $1 to Soles4Souls!* Visit www.facebook.com/flipflopwines or www.facebook.com/flipfloprum to join.
- Donate shoes! Clean out your closets and drop off your new and gently worn shoes at the Soles4Souls shoe donation bin located with the flipflop wines and rum display at your local retailer. You can also send your donation directly to Soles4Souls – visit our locator to find a location near you, and Check out our site for more information and easy instructions for conducting your own shoe drive.
- Come party with us! Bring your shoe donations and join flipflop and Soles4Souls at select retailers for flipflop wine and cocktail tastings. You bring the shoes, we bring the flipflop and appetizers. Check back soon for more information.
Every photo, every message and every pair of shoes donated will help flipflop and Soles4Souls continue to help people around the world! With so many easy ways to get involved, there's no way you can miss it!
*Up to $50,000. Limit one entry per person. Must be 21 or older to enter.