Community Partnerships Internship
The Soles4Souls (S4S) Internship Program is a paid up to 10-week internship program that introduces university students to nonprofit employment and career opportunities. The goals of the S4S Internship Program are to link the realms of college coursework and theory with career responsibilities and expectations, which will help the student visualize his/her future.
Community Partnerships is the division of Soles4Souls that concentrates on getting individuals, faith-based organizations, schools, civic groups, businesses and organizations to participate in shoe drives. The sole focus of the CP team is collecting shoes to supply our entrepreneurs with shoes, which are used to create opportunity through small businesses and essentially feed families. We are a “sales” department, but since we’re selling a cool mission, our selling techniques are unique and meaningful.
Overview of duties
- Help develop new programs to offer to donors that are creative ways to host a shoe drive (like a birthday party program, a Spring-Cleaning campaign, a curbside recycling program, a Denim Day for a business, etc.).
- Help plan outreach strategies to reach new audiences. This could be via social media posts, press releases, creating fun videos, etc.
- Help secure donated space/warehouse partners across the United States in order to have more locations to make donating shoes easier for our donors.
- Students must be currently enrolled rising sophomores or previously graduated from an accredited university.
- Interns are required to provide their own transportation (if applicable) and laptop
- Students must submit their complete application, resume and two letters of recommendation to be considered.
- Previous internship experience preferred, but not required.
- We expect all students and S4S Interns to participate in weekly evaluations and
- interviews during the program
Please send application, resume and letters of recommendation to Hr@soles4souls.org.